Thursday, June 29, 2006

What are you worth?

According to this story a woman is auctioning her Ferrari Enzo and herself with a starting bid of 1.25 million euros ($1.6 million). The Enzo on its own is worth between $600,000 and $1 million, so she’s saying she’s worth about the same. While that is a lot of money, I don’t know that I would sell myself that short.

Even if I only made $30k a year and work for 30 years, I'll earn more than a million dollars. Add to that my companionship, sex, cooking, cleaning, etc.

But can you really put a price on a person's life? Do you really want to auction yourself off to the highest bidder? Then again, would you want to auction your Ferrari to the highest bidder? What a world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, if I could afford it I would so buy a person!

It wouldn't be for the sex so much as just the ownership. But of course if she's cute...

Who is she really kidding though? She is a female, after all, and they don't take being told what to do very well. She'll annoy/harass/berate the poor bastard who buys her until he checks himself into an institution or drinks himself to death.