Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Another goodbye


My significant other's father died last week. It's always hard to say goodbye to someone you care about. His father and mother have been my only family since I've lived here. While we aren't legally married, I still consider his parents as my in-laws. It's been a tough few days. We've had our share of losses this year -- our dog, my uncle, a miscarriage, and now a father.
He was a good man, but I didn't get to know him well enough. He was sick for a long time, and we take comfort in knowing he's no longer in pain.
"When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes,
I will dry them all I'm on your side
When times get rough
And friends just can't be found
"Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
"When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you
I'll take your part
When darkness comes
And pain is all around"

No comments: