Monday, November 02, 2009

Have you seen this?

It's a crazy British show called "Green Wing" and it's hilarious. Well, hilarious if you like British humor -- crass, sometimes raunchy British humor, that is.

I think this blurb from Wikipedia describes it quite well: Green Wing's plot revolves around the lives of the staff of the East Hampton Hospital Trust, an NHS hospital with staff ranging from the slightly unusual to the completely bizarre.

You can watch the entire series on Hulu. The S.O. and I watched the first season on BBC America. Then got to see the first episode of season two while we were actually in London. But BBC America never brought the second season to our shores. So we languished, never knowing what became of our crazy Green Wingers. Now, I can see it all.

Yesterday, I sat around all day, recovering from my dear friend's Halloween party and watched three episodes of the second season. I'm seriously considering starting over from the beginning.

As I said, it does take a certain taste in comedy. So please don't blame me if you watch it and don't like it. But if you like British television, you should give it a try . You might like it.

No comments: