Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Big Red Nose

Allergies suck.

Apparently, the entire country is experiencing record high pollen counts. I guess I'm selfish because I don't really care about the rest of the country. I just care about my raw nose.

For me the worst part is that I never even had allergies until I was in my late 20s. Now I never know what might trigger them. Dust? Definitely. Animals? Some. A dog with any amount of Lab in its blood will set me off like nothing else. Even my own dog (who is certainly Lab free) will sometimes cause me to break out on my arms.

I never really thought pollen was my problem. And around these parts, it might not be pollen. With the high winds, it might just be dirt and dust blowing around. All I know -- and I don't need a doctor or some other expert to tell me this -- is allergies suck.

Big time.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I had my first big asthma attack of the season today. I hate allergies. Argh.

Argh, I say!

Pammeey said...

You definitely win, Heather. I actually feel lucky to only have the allergies I do. They suck but I know it could be so much worse.

Although, I especially love looking totally hung over, with bloodshot eyes and a red nose.