- 4 cups green beans, trimmed (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 16-ounce cans large butter beans, or cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put green beans in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover and steam until tender-crisp, 4 to 6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring constantly, until just fragrant but not browned, about 20 seconds. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Stir in beans, vinegar and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley.
3. Divide the green beans among 4 plates. Top with the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and the remaining 1/4 cup parsley.
Makes 4 servings (but I cut it all in half for the S.O. and me).
This dish was super easy (I bought shrimp that was already de-veined!) and really delicious -- for those out there who like shrimp and green beans, of course.