Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day

It's May 1, and in Colorado, that means diddly squat. In some parts of the country, May signifies blooming flowers, sun dresses, sandals. Here in Colorado, it means those things one day and the next it's dumping snow like there's no tomorrow.

Yesterday, the sun was shining brightly, and temperatures reached nearly 80 degrees. Today it's 37 and snowing. Hard. This picture was taken this morning at 9:50. Just 10 minutes later, I can't see the grass at all.

It's very pretty, but I worry about the budding trees and the flowers that are trying to poke through and bloom. And I'm just really tired of snow this year. I'm ready for full-time spring, summer even. I know in a couple of months, I'll be complaining about how hot it is and how I can't keep the house cool. So, I'll try to enjoy today -- hoping it'll be the last of the snow for awhile -- and hole up in the house with a good book.

No comments: