Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break

It's spring break, so naturally it's the chilliest day we've had in a couple weeks and there's a chance of rain. Lucky for me, I don't have any kids at home complaining there's nothing to do.

Spring Break means my week isn't nearly as busy as it normally is; I don't have tutoring or Big Brothers/Big Sisters to go to. So for the first time in nearly 20 years, I looked forward to spring break -- not that I've ever been one to jet off to the beach and hang out in a bikini.

We have no big plans, but I don't have to rush off anywhere just as I'm getting on a roll in my writing and I can plan dinners without having to have everything ready at 3 p.m.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working with the tutors and the kids. It's fulfilling, but it can also be stressful. And the kids can be a handful. I was working with a kid last week who kept falling asleep while reading flash cards! "I had to stay up till 9 o'clock doing dishes all by myself, and everyone else went to bed at 6," he said.

It is nice to think I can relax a little bit this week. It's nice to think that. But I know I really have a bunch of stuff I should be working on and should take advantage of the extra hours to get all that stuff done.

Should. Instead I'm procrastinating on a Monday morning, rambling on about spring break and the gloomy weather, staring a picture of a Saturn Vue Hybrid, wondering what I can say about it that hasn't been said before.

No comments: