Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today in inappropriate quotation marks

If you haven't seen the "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks, you really should check it out. Especially if you're a "fan" of bad grammar or bad punctuation and other silliness.

I witnessed an example of unnecessary quotation marks this morning. Unfortunately, I was unable to snap a picture of it, because it was inside a locked restaurant, and I only had my camera phone with me.

A hand-written notice on a whiteboard declared: We do not accept "checks." Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I can understand why they wouldn't accept "checks." There may not be any "money" in the "account." They may want to consider not accepting "credit cards" or "cash" as well.

For more fun with inappropriate quotation marks, be sure to check out Cake Wrecks and the fun with grammar there.

I was on the way to the dentist so I had to look for the funny in something.

No comments: