Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I'm going to stick with kids' movies

Or just keep reading books.

Yeah, I know I should never hold out hope that a movie will live up to the book it's based on. But I still do ... sometimes. "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" was great, right?

I wanted to see the movie version of "The Time Traveler's Wife." But based on this information, I won't. Happy ending? Bleh.

Thanks to the Internet, I won't waste my time. Oh, I'm sure the movie version may jerk a few tears, but they'll be sappy, happy tears -- tears of joy, even. And I don't appreciate a movie that tries to hijack my emotions. Eff you, movie version! I will stick with the book.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh F that! I remember reading, when they announced making the movie, that they agreed everyone who died in the book would die in the film. Horrible! Nasty! Hollywood! Schmucks!

On the other hand, I so totally want to re-read that lately.

Unknown said...

Like up? That was sad.

Pammeey said...

"Up" was sad at the beginning, but for a good reason.

Unknown said...

Well yeah but they never showed previews for it so it was kinda like a kick in the face.