Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What I drove: Hyundai Sonata

Last week I test drove the 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It's a nice sedan -- and not just in a nice-for-a-Hyundai sort of way. It really is nice, with lots of extras, like heated leather seats, an Infinity sound system with six speakers, XM Satellite radio with free three-month subscription, a USB jack and an auxiliary MP3 input jack inside center console storage. Equipped with a 3.3-liter V-6, the Sonata pumps out 240 horsepower and 229 foot-pounds of torque. Not shabby.

As I wrote in my test drive story:
With Hyundai’s line up of good-looking, reliable cars, it is no wonder customers have such loyalty. When I mentioned I was test driving a Sonata, several people told me how much they love their Hyundais. In the past, Hyundai may have been considered a low-end economy car, but no longer. I guess I’m going to have to stop being surprised by how much I like nice a Hyundai is when I drive one.
My test drive of the 2009 Hyundai Sonata published Jan. 9 in The Gazette.

No comments: