Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My experiment continues

This week I have vowed to try a new recipe for dinner each night (or in today's case, lunch). I have pulled five recipes from Real Simple: Meals Made Easy, because I am a lazy cook, and a cookbook with both the words "simple" and "easy" sounds good to me.

Today's lunch was Steak with Root Vegetables -- very simple, very tasty. Here's what it looks like in the cookbook:Here's how mine turned out:Not as pretty, but not bad. And it was quite tasty. Someone recently said to me, "If you can read, you can cook." I beg to differ. I can read and follow directions, but my meals are never quite as tasty as my friends' meals.

On the other hand, I think my first two experiments this week have been fine. The S.O. hasn't complained. But I think he's just happy I'm cooking.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I think they just have a perfectly trimmed and aesthetically shaped steak, that's all. Your veg look great!

moardy said...

oooo, I love Real Simple Meals! Have you tried the Chicken Meatball one yet? Kinda strange dealing with ground chicken - but super yummy!

Pammeey said...

Mmm... haven't tried that one. We have been pleased with all the meals so far.