Me! Yay, me. Well, I do have to share the award, but that's OK. Any award is worth accepting.
The award comes from my very good friend Lisa, who blogs over at Grandma's Briefs about the love of her life, her Bubby.
Here's my award:
I'm sharing it with two other good friends: K at Won't You Be My Cubemate, whose sharp wit always keeps me on my toes, and Heather at Jackadillo Princess, who writes hilariously about the antics of her toddler. You'll have to read her site to learn more about her blog's name.
So, here are the rules:
1) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
2) Tell those 7 people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
3) Share “10 Honest Things” about myself.
Like my friends K and Heather, I don't know if I can come up with a full 7 blogs I regularly read -- that will care. But I do have a few I can mention.
The rules don't say I can't re-Award, so I'm awarding Honest Scrap back to Lisa at Grandma's Briefs. I will also award Won't You Be My Cubemate, for the reasons stated above. Likewise to Jackadillo Princess.
Next award goes to my friend Melissa at You Drive Mommy To Write, whose precious and precocious children inspire her musings and always bring a smile to my face.
I will also award MoArdy at A Motivated Notion, because she consistently makes me laugh and she inspired me to run my first ever 5k.
So, that's only five, and while there are many brilliant blogs out there, these are five I consistently read that aren't giants of the industry.
Now, the hard part: My 10 Honest Things.
1. I consider being told I'm funny the highest compliment, followed closely by being told I'm snarky, bitchy or cute.
2. Since my mom died, I have very little sentimentality about my family. I feel like friends are a choice, and I can choose to be friends with my family. But I don't want being around my family to feel like an obligation simply because we share genes.
3. I hate admitting when I'm sick. I almost always say something like, "I'm fighting a cold" or "I'm trying not to get sick." Very seldom will I actually come right out and say, "I'm sick."
4. I'm sick right now.
5. I am terrible perfectionist. Terrible because if I can't do something perfectly, I generally won't do it at all. Which leads to ...
6. I am a classic underachiever. I do -- and have always done -- just enough to get by. Lucky for me, I'm smart and got through school with mostly As. Give me a task and I will do it, quite capably usually. But I never really went in for anything that took a lot of extra effort.
7. I'm not good at relationships. I have multiple divorces. My current relationship is a record -- more than five years with the same guy!
8. I'm dying to get a tattoo but don't want to be like everyone else.
9. I only cry at movies when I am by myself because I don't want anyone to think I'm weak.
10. I am self-deprecating -- probably to a fault. Which probably makes it hard to give me a compliment or take me especially seriously when I give you 10 Honest Things.